We accept you, we accept you....





 You know what sucks about posting on the 29th? The 1st-28th. I have to go on after two dozen or so talented writers who have already covered all aspects of a given topic, eloquently and humorously.This is an excuse for writing a short article every month.

So here are my thoughts:

-No one is every happy that they ended up conforming. Someday you will see that NKOTB/Hanson/Jessica Simpson CD on your shelf and be deeply ashamed.

-Weirdos make excellent girl/boyfriends. Cool people are high maintenance. The strange people everyone ignores are the ones who take you to secret places, make you laugh, and stand by you when you need a shoulder.

-The more revolutionary the idea, the stupider it sounds. At first:

What, sir, would you make a ship sail against the wind and currents by lighting a bonfire under her deck? I pray you, excuse me, I have not the time to listen to such nonsense.
--Napoleon Bonaparte, when told of Robert Fulton’s steamboat.

-Conformists end up leading dull lives. Weirdos end up doing exciting things.

- In twenty years, people will still care about the clothes you wear, the music you listen to, and the people you hang out with. But you won't, anymore. And you'll be happier.














 

Comments

  1. Well said Brian! I'm proud to say MOST of my friends are wierdos and I am definately raising 4 of the wierdest little girls on the planet! I did marry a giant dork though! Lol Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always tell my students: Everyone is weird. Which type is happier and more fun to be around: the person who tries to hide it, or the person who embraces it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment