Like a straight-up, cringe at blood, shrink from confrontation, scream at frogs type wuss. It’s just one of those things that makes me extra special I guess. So I have to admit that when this month’s topic was presented, it was a challenge for me to choose just one fear to focus on.
And then it hit me. Why not make a list to show the world what a complete and total scaredy-cat I can be!
And so I present, The Top Five Things That Make Rachel Go EEK!
(and yes, lyrics from C&C Music Factory are now stuck in my head)
1. Frogs. Big frogs, little frogs, any kind of frogs. They can be real, stuffed, or made of porcelain, I don’t care. They creep me the heck out.
2. Roaches. Dude, I grew up in New Orleans. These suckers are everywhere. And the loud crunch their bodies make when you step on them to kill them is even ickier somehow than the actual vile creatures themselves. ~cringes at the thought~
3. Seeing other people in pain. If there is blood, the eek factor goes up ten-fold, but seriously, if I just know you are in pain, I feel pain. The term is ‘sympathy pains’ and it makes me sound sweet and sensitive, but really it is just a huge pain in the butt. Sometimes literally. I can’t read books with suffering, because I become miserable in the process. And horror flicks? Oh, heck no. See? Wuss.
4. Mice. I hate to tell Cinderella, but mice aren’t cute. I’ve yet to meet one that sings and can sew a mean dress. Mostly, they just scurry around and make me jump on furniture.
5. Vlogs. Yes, Vlogs scary me. Have I mentioned I’m a bit of an odd duck? I can talk in front of a crowd of people and standing in front of a video camera is no big deal, but for some reason, when I go sit in front of my little computer camera and try spilling my guts to the world, I freeze up. I forget where I’m going or trying to say. I ramble. And I sound like an idiot. Don’t believe me? Check this out: Why Rachel Shouldn’t Vlog
So there you have it, my top five list of random things that scare the snot out of me. What’s in YOUR top five?