A Quick Thought from the New Kid on the Blog

 


I'm Jody Feldman, author of No Way Home (Sourcebooks, 2022) and am currently so deep into writing another YA thriller, I nearly postponed joining this blog. (By the way, thanks for inviting me!) 

Not only is my time at a premium right now, but when I saw this month's theme, age and maturity, I came up blank. Blank on Monday, blank on Tuesday, blank on Wednesday, blank on Thursday And just as I was about to throw in the towel, I gave it one more thought, which led to this. 

Here I am, juggling nine important characters, developing their voices, phyical traits, backstories, and everything it takes for them to be as unique as living breathing humans. But at the 11th hour, I realized...

I'd never considered differences in maturity levels. At least, not consciously. Thanks to this month’s theme, I now may be able to bring you characters with more depth, more personality, and more vitality.
At least, that's the plan.

You can also find award-winner author Jody Feldman on the middle grade blog Smack Dab in the Middle, at her website, and at visits across the country.

Comments

  1. Welcome to the group. Glad you're eye-deep in creativity. There's no better place to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Glad to be here!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! You're the best!

      Delete

Post a Comment