Finding New Favorites by Sydney Salter

I grew up with Judy Blume (all favorites) but quickly shifted to adult fiction -- I have fond memories of lounging in backyard sunshine reading fat novels like The Thorn Birds, but like a once-loved John Hughes film, many of those old novels haven't aged well. Father Ralph is pretty problematic. 

Thankfully, YA readers have so many more choices than I did as a teen in the 80s. I have many new favorites--like many of the ones mentioned by my fellow bloggers. 

One of my 2024 reading goals is to discover new favorites by reading newly released YA novels as soon as they come out, rather than letting them disappear into my to-be read stack(s). 

I plan to start with Red by Annie Cardi. I'll let you know what I think!

Comments

  1. I remember her 2014 book The Chance You Won't Return, so I'll be reading Red as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment