I love summer... (By Brian Katcher)

Of course I love summer. I'm a teacher.



Visiting friends in Seattle, 2013.



Wyoming, 2013



ALA conference, 2011



Silver Dollar City, 2009



One-armed alcoholic? It's the role I was born to play! 2003



First time traveling with my future wife, 2002.



Cuba, 2000.  This is the coolest I've ever looked.



College, 1997



High school (float trip), 1993. That's my dad in the black cap. I didn't know it at the time, but the guy next to him in the blue shorts would become my brother-in-law.

Y'all get the point. I'm in love with summer. She gives me time to write, time with my family, time to relax. The other seasons are nothing but hell.

Comments

  1. And summer is when we librarians inherit all the kids (and I'm NOT complaining).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pics! Nice way to show all that's awesome about summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a teacher too, which is also why I love summer. And it sounds like you had a good one! I'd like to visit Seattle someday, partly because one of my favorite fictional characters, Frasier Crane, lived there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! (We always had season tickets for SDC when I was growing up...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment