Ain't nobody got time for that (Brian Katcher)

Ah, the days before parenthood and writing. I had time for so many things: exercise, rotating my tires, filling out my tax returns, etc. Those days, alas, are gone forever.

I do miss my days of community theater. The murmur of the crowd, the makeup, the egos, the public screw ups, the rotten vegetables...there are no small roles, only small actors.




 A one-armed alcoholic with a schizophrenic son? It's the role I was born to play!

I can't really justify spending so much time away from my home and works in progress, but I do remember those productions fondly.
King of the faries

You know, acting is a lot like writing. You pour your heart and soul into character development, only to have your director/editor tell you you're doing it wrong.


'Nuts'. I'm on the far right. That night I got pulled over by the police while wearing that makeup. In the Ozarks.

Maybe when my daughter gets to be a little older, I'll get to tread the boards once again. Oh, to once again play 'Thug Number 2'...

Comments

  1. I bet those theater productions actually taught you a ton about building characters!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment