Underrated Horror Movies (Brian Katcher)

Ah, Halloween. The gods decided that it fall on a Monday, cursing every elementary school teacher (myself included). Before I hide in my front bushes with the garden hose, let me give you some of my favorite under-appreciated scary movies.

The Grudge (2004)

Image result for the grudge 

Somewhat of a hokey Ring knock off, I still have to admit that I covered my eyes during that scene where you realize when you see the woman's face, her jaw is going to be torn off.

Alien 3 (1992)






Image result for alien 3

True, it wasn't as good as the first two movies, but that was a lot to live up to. The fourth movie sucked dog butt, though.

The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/Abominablephibes1.jpg 

While this movie didn't age well, it does star the great Vincent Price. I still get chills when I hear 'Nine killed you, nine will die.'

Signs (2002)

Image result for signs movie 

Not Shyamalan's best work, but it had some great jump scares. My future wife lived out in the country--way out in the cornfields--at the time. I'm surprised she still married me after I kept saying 'Did you hear that?'

 Tales That Witness Madness (1973)

https://www.scifinow.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/xTales-That-Witness-Madness-cover.jpg.pagespeed.ic.J-74pB2ozf.jpg 

Not a great movie, but best poster ever.

Well, happy Samhain, everyone. Got to go scatter my paper razor blade wrappers among the Halloween candy.

Comments

  1. Cool! I still remember being creeped out by Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte back when I was in High School...Then there were the totally hokey creature flicks where you'd end up rooting for the giant insects because the teenagers were so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utility for watching movies online allows people to have on google chrome store. Showbox for Chromebook provides people with gadgets the fastest movie updates!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment