Read This Book by Sydney Salter

I'd planned on saying something snarky about how my robot litter box isn't about to take over the world any time soon. And it isn't. 

But this week I picked up Max Fisher's book The Chaos Machine: The Inside Story of How Social Media Rewired Our Minds And Our World.

It's not a fun read. But it's an important book. AI controls the algorithms that affect all of our lives--even people like my 80-year-old mom who doesn't use social media knew all about Jonah Hill's text messages today. The news algorithms feed her all the same material. 

If you want to understand why the world has gone wonky this book will tell you. 







Comments

  1. Just snagged a copy. You make the best book recs. I was really glad I read On Writing and Failure

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment