Lucky 13 - Jenny O'Connell

Yes, the stockings are hung by the chimney with care. And the holiday music is playing. And the pine-scented candles are burning (because even if I LOVE Christmas time, I hate cleaning up needles so I have a "simulated" tree that lacks the lovely smell of a fresh one).

2012 was one hell of a year for so many reasons. I'd never say I'm glad to get it over with, because I'll take any year I can get, but I have high hopes for 2013. I really think 13 will be my lucky number.

Why? Well there are so many awesome, wonderful things going on now that it feels like the start of something amazing. OK, so I didn't finish my book in 2012 like I'd hoped, and the sequel to LUKE isn't done either, and a third book I was working on with a collaborator has to wait until those first two things happen... so, you see? 2012 was like being stuck on the spin cycle. 2013 on the other hand, the start of awesome. On so many fronts.

I know that 13 has so many bad connotations (I mean, entire buildings exist without labeling a 13th floor, and you'd think engineers and architects and developers would be the least superstitious people around). But I know that 13 is my lucky number. And it starts in exactly 23 days. I will be ringing in the new year in the most special way and buckling up for 2013. It's going to be an amazing ride! And I can't wait!

Comments

  1. Good to hear you're so excited for '13. And I love your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping 2013 is your lucky year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you, Jenny! I felt stuck on spin cycle through out 2012 too, but yes, 13 is a lucky number! I expect the best from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am right there with you, Jenny! I felt stuck on spin cycle through out 2012 too, but yes, 13 is a lucky number! I expect the best from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to indulge in your work in 2013 and I hope to win the January raffle for my birthday on the 12th!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment