Writing Sustains My Writing, and Me by Allie Burton

 


I chose Marketing as my word of the year for 2023 which meant I wanted to focus on advertising, promotions, social media, and Kickstarter. I let writing take a backseat. After 2 ½ months, I feel as if the joy of being an author has been sucked out of me.

Waking up in the morning, I don’t rush to the computer. I’m not excited about the work I planned for the day. I wasn’t writing real words.

What did I learn? A writer needs to write.

Something. Anything. Even if just for fun.

Now, I’m reevaluating my 2023 word. I know I need to do marketing to get sales, but I’ve also realized I need to be creative and write. So, while I finish up my Atlantis Collection 10th Anniversary Kickstarter and other marketing commitments I’ve made, I plan to set aside an hour every day to work on my next book. To be centered in the creative process. And to write, write, write…


Allie Burton is the author of several young adult fantasy books including A Glass Slipper Adventure, Lost Daughters of Atlantis, and Warrior Academy. You can find out more about her at www.allieburton.com.

#yafantasy #yabooks #academyfantasy #witchacademy #AGlassSlipperAdventure #allieburton #LostDaughtersofAtlantis #kickstarter

Comments

  1. I love the fact that you're reevaluating your word of the year. Goals aren't set in stone, and can absolutely be revised.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment