To A.I. or Not To A.I. by Allie Burton

 


I’m not a techie person. I struggle with passwords. I hate learning new programs or even updates to current programs. So when A.I. became a thing, it scared me.

Other authors have used Mid Journey to make beautiful art for book covers and promotion items. They use A.I. powered writing assistants like Grammarly and AnyWord. They use A.I. to generate new ideas or analyze their current writing. (I have too many ideas to even consider this option.)

But there is one form of A.I. I use to help make my book descriptions better.

After writing a 75,000-word book, it’s hard to condense the book description or blurb down to a few paragraphs. Paragraphs that make the characters sound interesting but don’t give anything away. My old process included writing a rough draft of the blurb, honing it down, sending it to a critique partner and editor (who usually changed the entire thing), combining the best of the editor’s version with my version, and then sending it to another group of writer friends. And still not believing the description was the best it could be.

Now, I have a new tool: Kindlepreneur’s Book Description Generator.

I run my blurb through at different times in the process. Before I send it to my editor, after I combine the two versions, and again when I think the description is ready to make any final tweaks.

And the best part, Kindlepreneur’s Book Description Generator is free.

Using A.I. has helped my book descriptions become better and on point, but I’m still leery of trying A.I. for anything else.

Allie Burton is the author of several young adult fantasy books including A Glass Slipper Adventure, Lost Daughters of Atlantis, and Warrior Academy. You can find out more about her at www.allieburton.com.

#yafantasy #yabooks #academyfantasy #witchacademy #AGlassSlipperAdventure #allieburton #LostDaughtersofAtlantis #AI #artificialintelligence #bookdescriptions #bookblurbs


Comments

  1. I've used the Kindlepreneur keyword generator for my indie books; I'll have to give this one a shot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment