News

 John Clark just returned from the 50th anniversary New England SBWCI conference in Springfield, MA., feeling a mix of excited and overwhelmed. Sometimes a casual conversation can make you look at your writing in a completely different way. Interesting to hear Jane Yolen talk about the founding of the New England chapter 50 years ago. Terrific attendance, especially after a four hiatus thanks to Covid. 

I have included some pictures to take you there virtually.


Alexandra Hinrichs talking about book challenges in Maine and how controversial literature can be a lifesaver for some kids.


Jane talking about how the conference got started.


The bookstore. I bought a bunch. Two are by authors with no books in any Maine library. I'm remedying that by donating them to the Waterville Public Library (I'm a trustee) after I read them.


One of many thought provoking slides included in discussions.

Comments

Post a Comment