COME DECEMBER - A FREE HOLIDAY READ (HOLLY SCHINDLER)



“If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it.”—Rudyard Kipling

Ah, Rudyard. So simple, so true. I love the idea of giving something your all for just sixty seconds…and then sixty seconds after that. It all snowballs. 

But time itself isn’t enough. It’s also got to be accompanied by smart work. Trying new strategies. I’m not feeling out of my element, I personally don’t feel I’m trying hard enough. One challenge I’m giving myself in ’16 is to really work on brevity. Didn’t Faulkner say that every novelist was a failed short story writer and every short story writer a failed poet? 

In addition to my full-length novels, I’ll be releasing a short story every month in ’16, all of them stand-alones, but also connected in some way. The first short story, “Come December,” is live now, and is also completely free.


 

A sweet holiday short story about opening yourself up to magical possibilities.

Natalie is new to town, and feels invisible and painfully alone...until a mysterious stranger in a cemetery changes everything.

Come December is available for download at:




Happy holidays...and enjoy!

Comments

  1. This is a great idea, Holly! The first pieces I ever wrote were short stories, which I wrote because I didn't have the patience for novels, and I miss the form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys! I'm REALLY looking forward to a year of short stories...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment