Out With the Old (Brian Katcher)

I have had the same job since 2006. The same car since 2008. The same wife since 2004 (but dating since 2002). The same house since 2010. I haven't bought new furniture since just after I got married. 

It's now 2022. The days of A Clockwork Orange and Soylent Green are sadly probably never going to happen. It's up to us to change things.

So this is the year for me to make some changes. To get published again. New book! New job! New couch! New wife! Maybe a new car!

Also, don't hold on to your old junk. Both my grandparents sadly passed away in 2020 and when we cleaned out their things, I found a bunch of Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes forms from the 80s. Life's too short to be saddled with stuff that might be useful someday like old screws, cables, and medic alert bracelets.

 

Comments

  1. Amen to not holding on to old stuff. It took 2.5 years for my sister and I to clean out our mother's house. We downsized big time when we moved three years ago, but the cellar is still full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the midst of cleaning out the house as well. Man, what a chore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment