Spring has Sprung

Spring is well and truly here in Texas. And I’ve got Spring Fever bad. 
This is a good thing for me. In the winter I love to huddle under a quilt and read. In the summer it’s too hot to do anything in daylight. But spring... Ah, that’s different. 
There’s something about throwing open the windows that makes me want to be productive and start fresh projects and generally conquer the world. 
I can tell I’m not the only one, because this weekend everyone in my neighborhood was clearing out their garage and on Monday the curbs were stacked high with the stuff they were getting rid of. “Spring Cleaning.”
This week I’ve been clearing out my office, clearing out my closet, clearing out the cabinet under my sink. All this clearing out is scary, but even scarier is how much stuff I’ve got after all the stuff I’ve gotten rid of!
(I would say it isn’t that I’m attached to things. It’s just that I hate throwing things away. What if I need it later? What if someone gave it to me? What if it can’t be recycled?)
I think worst of all, though, is the books!  I horde books like I think they’ll stop making them someday. (Horrors!) My to-be-read pile looks like geological strata. I love shopping for books almost as much as I love reading them. And my eyes are always bigger than my stomach. 
But have any of those made it to the give away pile?  Um... no. 
What about you? What does spring make you want to do? Dance? Hide? Walk through your day in an antihistamine fog? 

Comments

  1. I LOVE Spring, which makes sense since I live in CANADA and get sick of cold, dark days.

    Unfortuately Mother Nature is not following the calendar so far and we are STILL WAITING for it to show up.

    Oh. Please. Spring. Bring. It. On.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment